Thursday, March 3, 2011

Al Armclock Part 1

When my poor alarm clock met with a sad fate (I'm not sure how it was sad, I don't even remember what happened to it, but it probably thought it was sad) I was given a new one. This little fellow however, had just graduated the academy and lots of training was still in order.

One of the first things I had trouble with was that his trainers had not fully explained the snooze feature. When I want to sleep just a little bit longer, I would tell him to "Give me five" because, you know, at 4 am in the morning, you don't really want to take the trouble to tell him "Wake me up again in five minutes".

However, being the enthusiastic little squirt that he is, he thought I was rewarding him for such a good job and that I wanted to high five. Since he doesn't have arms though, he wasn't quite sure how to high five and in trying to do figure out how, he fell off the shelf. I did not even attempt to catch him, thinking that he would learn better this way then any other. I was wrong. Either I must get up right away, or take a lot of time to explain that I want to sleep for five more minutes. I'm still working with him on this!

Part 2 Coming tomorrow.