Friday, March 19, 2010

Denim Skirt

My sister’s wedding was coming up fast, no hurry I thought, plenty of time to decide what to wear! The days got closer, but still I wasn't really that worried, but my Mom and sisters where! I have to say that it’s a good thing they where, otherwise I probably would have ended up wearing something from my closet and while I have nice clothing, nothing seemed suitable for the wedding! It was a casual wedding, so nothing fancy was called for, therefore a denim skirt and blouse where what was decided on. I had wanted a denim skirt, but I couldn't decide on a style! Soon we were getting down to the wire and a decision had to be made, one of my sisters had a denim skirt that while I liked it on her, I didn't think I would like it on me, however, I decided that it was the best option and soon I was sewing away! As soon as the skirt started coming together I started to like it more and more, then the first time I tried it on I was ecstatic, it was all that I had wanted and more, it was full, dark and wasn't a plain denim skirt! The finished product:

My sister did all the top stitching and I seriously couldn't have done it without her! The pleats:


Close up of the waist:
I used this Simplicity pattern!

No comments: